I understand the challenge of finding the right speaker. In my role as a marketing consultant and sales trainer, I travel the country speaking to salespeople, sales managers, and advertisers.
I’ve done as many as 32 presentations in a week — needing to quickly establish rapport with the audience, entertain and persuade. As a longtime member of Columbia Center Toastmasters in my hometown of Portland, Oregon, I’ve entered and won a variety of speech contests.
I’ve also been on the receiving end. I’ve enjoyed multi-day events that kept me engaged and learning… and sat through droning lectures that felt like they’d never end.
If you’re putting on an event, your choice of speaker is crucial. You’re likely spending hours researching speakers, trying to find the right fit.. I’m honored that you’re considering me, and hope this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible.
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- A prompt response to all of your phone calls and emails. If you have a question or concern, I’ll get back to you quickly with an answer. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll find out.
- A personal phone consultation with me well in advance, so I can fully understand the event, the audience, and your expectations.
- Announcements on my blog, along with my Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn pages (assuming the event is open to the public and you want it promoted).
- A fully thought-out, prepared, and rehearsed presentation designed to achieve the objectives you want for the event and your audience.
- A special online page for your attendees with resources — slides, notes, and links — that will help them get the most out what they saw, heard, and experienced.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event to make sure my presentation met your expectations.
My Most Requested Topics
- The Seven Deadly Mistakes of Advertising and How to Fix Them
- Creating Advertising That Gets Results
- How to Prospect, Get the Appointment, and Present to Win
- Sales Skills for Reluctant Salespeople
What Others Are Saying
“Phil recently spoke at a business to business event that we held for our advertising partners and most of the attendees represented small, local businesses. He was insightful, entertaining and, most importantly, provided some specific tips that our guests could apply to their marketing plans. We had fabulous feedback following the event and those who attended were very appreciative of the advice Phil provided. Phil has a wealth of knowledge and we hope to tap into it again.
–Elaine Underwood, Area Director at N2 Publishing
“Doctor” Phil recently spoke at my company, Katie Kelley Networks, networking event and he brought the house down! He imparted sales skills for reluctant sales people. The audience ranged from retail owners, to solo-entrepreneurs to corporate managers and everyone walked away knowing they had gained invaluable insights into how to become more confident and effective in their sales approach. What’s remarkable about “Doctor” Phil is that he makes you believe that anyone can become as successful as he has with just a few ‘old school’ tweaks to their current strategy. On top of that he is a delight and a very, very funny man. Thank you Phil!
— Katie Kelley, Katie Kelley Networks
Janine Francolini, Founder and Board Chair, The Flawless Foundation
Working with Phil is collaborative, structured and ultimately just plain fun. Our team felt it in the process at a personal level and through the results in sales. Every opportunity you have to work with Phil should be seized.
Jay Barton, Vice President/General Manager at Gray Television/Charlottesville Newsplex
Phil Bernstein partnered with our television stations in 2012 and then again in 2014. He is a pleasure to work with and is well regarded by our staff and customers. We generated over $500k in incremental revenue with his help. I would highly recommend him.
Eric Krebs — General Sales Manager, Gray Television/Charlottesville Newsplex
We requested Dr Phil again after completing a successful project last year. Was it a good decision,,, absolutely! Great attention to detail, solid ideas that impressed our clients. Quick example,, In one situation we had a client who never advertised with us, who showed up late, wasn’t sure why he even made the appointment, and said when the call started said TV ads were overpriced and we under delivered on results. At the meetings conclusion,the client agreed to drive 60 miles for a follow up meeting and later purchased a substantial schedule. Why, because Dr Phil took the time to know his business and offered solid recommendations. I have worked with quite a few consultants, Dr Phil is the “Finest”.
Randy Robinson, Local Sales Manager, 12Media/KXII Television